Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Food Storage!!

So Aaron and I decided that it was time to get our food storage done. Once we started we could not stop we got everything piled up in our guest room then rented the caner from our ward then within 24 hours we had everything canned. I was so proud of us for getting is all done and would recommend everyone start it!! It was a little costly but we saved for a bit and just did it. An you do not have to do it all in one month because that's hard to do and we did not get everything from the cannery Sam's Club is great because i priced checked and for a lot of stuff they were cheaper! I think it also helps that I work like 2 miles away from the cannery. I feel like we have been blessed because of it in so many ways and just knowing that it is done is such a stress relief!! If anyone needs help in any way even if it just going to the cannery for the first time i would love to help out, i know for me going for the first time was the hardest thing just because i have never been there before. So here it is piled up under beds. In the guest room it is stacked up 3 rows high and 3 rows wide and 5 rows deep, and in our room it is under our bed and holding up our t.v. and its cool you cant even tell because it has material over it so it looks like it was made to do that!






1 comment:

GG said...

Totally! Isn't it a amazing satisfying feeling!?!
Chris and I love the smell and feel of the wheat.
Good idea for a tv stand!
I made a "chaise" in our bedroom that is pretty neat. Four at one end and stacks of three for the rest; and then I covered it with a twin mattress cover to soften the lines and hold it together some(the stupid thing shrank when I washed it for the first time so it can't be used for a bed anyway) and a sheet from DI (escaped from being a painting drop cloth)- and something else that must be making it softer (?!) I love looking back and seeing the blessings that happened during and for doing it! so happy for you to have it done! :)