Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Curtains!!

So the way that our house is set up the kitchen and family room are in one room together so decorating is going to be a tricky one in this house. but the walls were looking a little bare so i thought i would make curtains. Curtains can be expensive and I'm all about saving money anywhere i can so i decided to make them!! I went to Ross and found some really cute sheets and thought i could make all of them from one sheet. you cant tell by the pics but they are satin and have little squares all over them. So that's what I did all day sat. Since Aaron work on sat now i have to find things to do! OOOOOhhh but get this I left at like 12 o'clock to go get some curtain rods, and being my frugal self i went to 4 different store to find some cute yet cheep ones. anyways so i get back home and go inside the house to put my bags down and open up some of the little hooks that i got, they were not the right color so i was going to go outside to spray paint them. i get done with that and i go bake inside and i noticed the back door was opened. I almost had a heart attack I'm not kidding so i go up to the door and both dogs are just relaxing and Nike the puppy must have snuck inside and he took one of the curtain off the couch and he was chewing on it. I wanted to yell at him but i could not help but think how in the crap did the back door get open. So now i think I'm just freaking my self out and i go into the closet and go into the safe to find the gun (if someone is in my house i think i would have shoot him) but there is not gun, so now i am in panic mode and so i look behind some of the clothes were i thought that Aaron had put the shot gun and its not there and so the only thing i can find is a riffle that is not even loaded and it weights a ton to me and i start walking around the house with a weapon that i could not ever use but it made me feel better only to not find anyone. So i called Aaron and he is in the middle of a job and said just to relax and told me were the useful guns were at, and that he would be home as soon as he could. So i go into the closet and he put the hand gun on the very top self to were i could hardly reach with a chair. So get it down and i go out into the family room and i start yelling "if anyone is in here. i will shoot you" and know one came out and all the windows were locked and so the only way i can think is they came in through the service door from the garage it was the only door not locked. but the freaky thing is, is the person must have been in the house when i first went inside because that door was not opened. Then finally Aaron get home at like 6 pm and he noticed that i put the hand gun on the end table to were i could easy get to it and he told me that it was on safety and not even ready to go, so I felt retarded and so now I'm thinking that we need to go out again and re-learn how to use one of those things. But in the end of the day i got my curtains done!!









2 comments:

Christie Knight said...

Talk about a lot of catch up! There are so many new posts. Curtains look great. Completely freaky that someone was in there-good thing nothing happened!

GG said...

Oh my!! Maybe the door just didn't latch and a gust opened it. Your dogs weren't worried, so don't get too freaked! :)
Cute curtains!! And quick! I saw those at Ross and totally tried to think of someone that would like to use them. -this being another time when I realized that we really need to get together.- I am using some red ones to make long curtains for our front room. Aren't sheets like the best idea! so pretty & for the price!! (...when at Ross or the like):)